[Application Closed] Oversea's Volunteer-Moderator wanted! - Online Youth Exchange Event “Let's talk about the "now" of the world." 〜Share SDGs and teenage culture with young people from 10 countries〜
Tobitate! (Leap for Tomorrow) Study Abroad Initiative which led by Japan’s Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) and Center for International Youth Exchange(CENTERYE) will support the online youth exchange event “Let's talk about the "now" of the world. 〜Share SDGs and teenage culture with young people from 10 countries〜”.
WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT! Would you like to be a part of online social contribution activities? The MEXT is trying to build the culture of promoting study abroad. Many Japanese high school students are interested in interacting with people outside of Japan, but they are not confident about taking a step abroad and communicating BECAUSE they never had a chance. The CENTERYE knows many ex-pys who are well-experienced with interacting with Japanese people from the program or homestay experiences. Enhancing the study abroad initiatives is a great approach to changing the Japanese education culture positively. If you’d like to join this initiative, please read the details below.
**This recruitment is for oversea’s moderators. If you are Japanese, please apply to the language supporter position from here.
■Outline of the event
[Schedule & Location]
- Date: March 28th (Sunday), 2021
- Time: 19:00 - 21:00(JST)
- Location: Online (Zoom)
[Number of Participants]
- Participants of Japan: around 300
- Participants from abroad: around 100
All participants are required to choose one of the following discussion topics;
- Ethical Consumption
- Gender Gap
- Life plans for young people
18:30-18:45 Pre-meeting between organizer and moderators
18:45-19:00 Zoom open
19:05-19:20 Keynote speech
19:20-19:40 Breakout session（ice breaking）
19:40-20:25 Breakout session（discussions divided by the topic）
20:25-20:35 Share and reflection
20:35-20:55 Online Prom!
20:55-21:00 Photo session
[Opening Position & Role]
- Position: Volunteer moderator
- Role description: To moderate the discussion of each topic. In order to help participants understand the content of the discussion.
[The number to be admitted]
around 10 people
- Must be able to attend the online pre-briefing session scheduled for at 19:00 to 20:00(JST) on March 14th(Sun), 2021. (Time required: 30 minutes to 1 hour) **If you can't attend pre-briefing on this day, please write it in the remarks section on the application form.
- Age: University students or older, preferably until 32 years old. *As the main Japanese participants are high school students, people as close in age as possible are preferred. University students would be great.
- Good command of English to facilitate discussion.
- Basic knowledge and experience in the field of the topic in charge.
- Able to participate online of all programs.
- Have online communication system (PC, internet)
- Able to manage online discussion.
- Experience related to or interest in the chosen topic is desirable.
- Able to use Zoom without any problems.
- Able to participate with the camera turned on in an environment with a stable internet connection.
[How to apply]
Please click here to open an application form.
March 8th, 2021 (JST)
Center for International Youth Exchange (CENTERYE)
Matsui Marina (Ms.), Kudoh Haruka (Ms.)